- Zesty, fresh and herbaceous.
- The perfect wine to start learning about wines.
- Sancerre, Pouilly-Fumé, Bordeaux Blanc and Fumé Blanc are Sauvignon Blanc wines.
- Sauvignon Blanc is a white grape use to make white wine. It is an aromatic grape, full of aromas and freshness. It is also known for its green pepper and herbaceous notes.
- France is the classic place for Sauvignon Blanc, but it is present in almost all the of the wine-producing countries. In the 1980s New Zealand started the new trend of zesty and tropical Sauvignon Blanc, bringing this style of Sauvignon Blanc to the rest of the world.
Sauvignon Blanc is known for its green bell pepper and herbaceous flavours and aromas, but you can also find the following aromas:
- lime, gooseberry, passion fruit
- green apple, peach, green pepper
- lemongrass, wet stones, grass
different style of Sauvignon Blanc wines to try
- Marlborough (New Zealand). Zesty wines, with tropical fruit, gooseberry, asparagus flavours.
- The two most famous Sauvignon Blanc, both from the Loire Valley (France): Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé. Fresh and crisp dry wines with high acidity. Green aromas, like green apple, grass and asparagus.
- Napa Valley (USA). Full bodied with ripe fruit and smoky flavours. These wines are also known as Fumé Blanc.
- Goat cheese
WINE serving temperature
- Cool, around 7°C
Similar wine grape varieties
- Grüner Veltliner