I haven’t always liked white wine.
A few years ago, I was in work when my boss suggested that we go out for lunch to our local bistro.
Coming from a wine-producing country, where wine is part of the lunch menu, I couldn’t resist having a glass of wine with my lunch. However, I didn’t really feel like drinking my classic choice of Rioja Reserva (a full bodied red wine with a lot of personality).
My boss noticed that I was having trouble choosing a wine from the wine list and so she said “You have to try this Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, I’m sure that you will like it.” I thought to myself no way am I having a white wine. But after a couple of seconds I decided to take her advice and try it.
I was completely shocked, this white wine was nothing like the previous white wines I had tasted; it was full of flavour and fresh aromas.
Since then, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc has become one of my favourite wines, especially when I am just looking to have one glass of a refreshing, zesty wine.
3 things to know about Sauvignon Blanc:
- It’s fresh, fruity and herbaceous.
- A perfect wine to start learning about wines, as it is packed full with aromas and flavours.
- Sancerre, Pouilly-Fumé, Bordeaux Blanc and Fumé Blanc are Sauvignon Blanc wines.
PS: If you missed my previous newsletters you can have a look at them here:
- Chardonnay is a wine right?
- 3 tips to feel more confident about wine
- Can white wine be made with red grapes?
If you would like to get this blog straight into your mailbox, you can register here: www.gloriouswines.ie/newsletter